Thursday, February 24, 2011

How To: Little Wish Bracelets

I love bracelets, especially little wish bracelets that you put on and wear until they fall off and your wish comes true. They are pretty pricey so I decided to try to make them myself so I can have a bunch, below is step by step how:


Start with bright colorful yarn from any craft store, its super cheap


Next you need little sliver beads, I prefer these textured beads b/c they grab the yarn better and sterling silver won't tarnish


The smaller the little charm the better, I found great ones at Walmart and Michaels


Before you cut the string, tie the end of the string in a tiny loop big enough to fit the bead through later. Then measure around your wrist and add about an inch and trim the string.


Slide the charm onto the string, you don't have to knot it yet. Side the tiny bead onto the string and tie a triple knot at the end of the string (when you slide the bead back it should not be able to slide off the end).


Find the center of the bracelet and with a double knot secure the charm


Your bracelet is complete, the yarn will loosen/stretch some with wear

No comments:

Post a Comment